Saturday, September 10, 2011

My ''Re@lism"

The word ''atheist'' doesn't tell anyone what I believe! but merely that I lack belief in God(s). It tells you nothing about how I see the world.  My ''Atheism'' isn't a world view! I will define a world view in the following manner '' a net work of presuppositions which are not tested by natural science and in terms of which all experiences are interpreted''. This is how Dr Greg L Bahnsen defined ''World View'' and I hold to this definition.
The word ''atheist'' tells you nothing about my morality or how I treat others...My ''Atheism'' isn't an ideology or even really an ism! An ''ism'' is a distinctive doctrine, system ,theory , or practice. -according to Dictionary.com.
The word ''atheist'' says nothing about what I value most or my continuous quest for truth and knowledge. Neither does it speak of my loyal embracing of reality for all of its ugliness, beauty, and pain. The word ''atheist'' has nothing to say about my high standard of evidence.  However there is a word that does and that word is...''realist''!
The following is my short definition of the word ''realist''. ''A person who tends and or seeks to view and represent things and persons as they really are and reality/existence as it actually is as accurately as  possible''.
Let me tell you about my ''ism''....My ''Realism''!  My ''Atheism'' isn't my ism it's merely my lack of belief in God(s)!  As a realist I strive for self consistency, for the willingness to admit when I'm wrong and to admit when I don't know something instead of plugging my favored fantasy into my gap in knowledge.  This allows me to be more intellectually honest than the theist or believer. In my experience many theists have the tendency to ignore and or dismiss facts/evidence when it contradicts their dogmatic fiction, and or wants, wishes or desires.  However to be fair I think this is part of the human condition and I think we should admit when we find our selves doing this and try to be self correcting.
Faith and dogma is deciding what is, before you actually know!
The ''realist'' strives to always welcome facts/'evidence in spite of undesirable implications.  A ''realists'' goal is to see and understand reality as it actually is.
Theism is a system of indoctrination and control!  Theism is static and merely pretends to account for, and or explain anything and everything!  Theism pretends to know and or be the TRUTH its self!
''Realism'' embraces truth and reaches for more. Many theists say something like the following  ''this is true because my holy book says so!''.  A realist says something like this  ''with the information I personally have thus far thus and such seams or appears to be the case''.
With the information I have thus far....faith isn't a path to truth but the surrender of it!
Many theistic apologists try to make my ''lack of belief in God(s) into an ''ism'' no matter how many times I correct them!  When they do this, it exposes their blatant dishonesty!. Instead of just admitting their is more than one ''Atheism'' they ''straw man'' my Atheism by attacking someone else's as though it were my own.  Many Theists' also tend to confuse Atheism with Naturalism, Humanism and of course Evolution which is a scientific fact lol.  If you want to attack my actual, ''ism'', then you will need to attack my '' REALISM''!
After all, it was my ''Realism'' that eventually killed my theism/faith!
I'm James the realist and I call it like I see it whether you like it or not!

KEEP IT REAL! and whatever you do don't die!




No comments:

Post a Comment